Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I want to study vulvodynia and interstitial cystitis as a biologist. I have other interests also...?

Question by buttercup1137: I want to study vulvodynia and interstitial cystitis as a biologist. I have other interests also...?
I'm applying for a PhD (later), but there are distinct specializations. I'm thinking neurobiology would be a great one for this, but is there yet another location that is better? The PhD is in pathology, but even those branch off. Neuropathology is a branch, but is that the very best field for trying to study these things specifically?
I'm not positive how you narrow far more from vulvodynia and interstitial cystitis (?) It's neuropathy, which led me to neurobiology...which is a branch of pathology.

I'm not positive why you don't follow.

I can believe that because they're thinking they could be autoimmune disorders, I need to find out toward that. Nevertheless, they are still neuropathic disorders.

What do you suggest I narrow to from vulvodynia and cystitis? I don't see a way to narrow a lot more than that.


Finest answer:

Answer by Crouching Doggie
I do not even know where to begin answering such a question. How 1 goes from becoming interested in interstitial cystitis & vulvodynia as a PhD, then onto Neuropathology as a PhD? That's a bit confounding. Could I humbly recommend that you narrow your interests a little bit.



Give your answer to this question below!

1 comments:

Mike L said...

I have IC and it is believed to be an autoimmune disease. It may be associated with other diseases such as fibromyalgia and irritable bowel syndrome as well as other disorders. Good luck on your PhD and research.

Post a Comment